Qualifying For HUD Housing Section 8 Vouchers In Lapeer, MI

HUD Housing eligibility is determined by the Lapeer County Public Housing Authority.

Income may not exceed 50% of the median income from the table below. The Housing Authority must provide 75 percent of vouchers to those whose income does not exceed 30% of the median income listed below.

HUD Income Limits 2022 in Lapeer, Michigan.

HUD Designated Metro Area: Income Limits

2022Median Family Income2022 Yearly Income Limit2022 Yearly Income Limit - Person(s) in Family
Income LimitsCategory12345
Lapeer County, MI$89,800Very Low Income (50%)$31,350$35,800$40,300$44,750$48,350
Extremely Low Income (30%)$18,800$21,500$24,200$27,750$32,470
Low Income (80%) $50,150$57,300$64,450$71,600$77,350

HUD Housing Low Income Tax Credit (LIHTC) Properties In Lapeer, MI

Listed below are the Section 42, LIHTC apartments in Lapeer, MI. LIHTC apartment rents are not based on the tenants income. Income credit set aside brackets are selected during the apartment credit applications are used to determine the apartment rents.

The rents are based upon the Area Medium Income (AMI) and tenant based utility allowances. At least 20% of these apartments (listed below), must provide these low rates for low-income tenants.

LIHTC Maximum Rents

The maximum allowable rents are equal to 30% of the Area Medium Income (AMI), less the utility allowances.

HUD Fair Market Rents for Lapeer, MI Lapeer County

Apartment SizeHUD's Monthly Fair Market Rent For AreaLIHTC Maximum Rent
Studio Apartments$848Estimated $254.40 - utility allowance
One Bedroom Apartments$1084Estimated $325.20 - utility allowance
Two Bedroom Apartments$1371Estimated $411.30 - utility allowance
Three Bedroom Apartments$1473Estimated $441.90 - utility allowance

Available LIHTC Properties In Lapeer, MI

Using the table above you can estimate what you would be paying by checking the LIHTC Maximum Rent section.

Contact these properties for openings and wait lists and price lists.

Silver Maple Village

691 Dewey St
Lapeer, MI - 48446
Total Apartment Units: 175
Total Apartment Low Income Apartments: 175
1 Bedroom apartments 104
2 Bedroom apartments 56
3 Bedroom apartments 15
Years In Service Since: 2010
Family Apartments: YES
Senior Apartments: YES
Disabled Apartments: YES
Accepts Homeless: YES

HUD Housing Section 8 and Multifamily Properties in Lapeer, MI

The US Department of Housing and Urban Development provides active listings of Section 8 and Multifamily apartments. We have listed them below for you to contact. Check with them to see if they have current availabilities and/or waiting lists. With Section 8 properties, you will need a voucher. Contact the Lapeer County Public Housing Authorities, listed at the top of this page.

West Genesee Apartments

1964 West Genesee St.
Lapeer, MI - 48446
Phone: 810-667-4187
Total Apartment Units: 12
Type of Listing: 202/811

Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Program
Occupancy in Section 202 housing is open to any very low-income household comprised of at least one person who is at least 62 years old at the time of initial occupancy.
Section 811 - Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities
The Section 811 program allows persons with disabilities to live as independently as possible in the community by subsidizing rental housing

Westmoor Apartments

1815 Westmoor Dr
Lapeer, MI - 48446
Phone: 810-664-5927
Total Apartment Units: 48
Type of Listing: Subsidized, No HUD Financing

Charbridge Arbor Cooperative 1 & 2

195 Charbridge Ave
Lapeer, MI - 48446
Phone: 810-664-2150
Total Apartment Units: 110
Type of Listing: Subsidized - Previously Insure

Silver Maple Village

691 Dewey St
Lapeer, MI - 48446
Phone: 810-667-9148
Total Apartment Units: 175
Type of Listing: Subsidized, No HUD Financing

About our Data

Our data is collected from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development data along with computations based on their rules on apartments/housing.

How does HUD housing work in Michigan?

You must qualify for the HUD apartments in the area you are searching. Then, you need to apply directly at the location or through the Public Housing Authority.